Electrical fire at Seattle home injures 1

An electrical issue is the likely cause of a Sunday morning house fire in Seattle's Central District that left one man injured.

Crews were called out to the home, on the 700 block of Temple Place, just after 9 a.m. They arrived to find a bedroom full of smoke, with one man having been taken from the home. As the fire was put out, the man was treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns, and was taken to Harborview Medical Center for further evaluation.

The fire was contained to the bedroom, with smoke in other parts of the house.

The homeowner said that he heard something from his brother's bedroom, and when he opened the door, the room was full of smoke. There was also a fire behind the TV in the room. After getting his brother out, he called 911. The homeowner was not injured.

Seattle fire investigators believe that an electrical problem behind the TV in the affected bedroom is the likely cause of the fire. The Red Cross was called in to assist the homeowner.