Nobody hurt, ungrateful cat rescued from duplex fire in Everett

EVERETT, Wash. – Nobody was hurt and an apparently ungrateful cat named Romeo was rescued after a fire at a duplex in Everett on Thursday afternoon.

Snohomish County Fire said crews went on the offense against the fire, which began around 2 p.m. at 321 107th St., SW in unincorporated Everett.

Four people were displaced and the damage was estimated to be about $180,000.

Investigators said the fire started when oil that was heating in a pan on the stove caught fire.

Firefighters sent out a picture of Romeo, the cat who was rescued, being reunited with his owner.

Romeo appeared displeased.