Boyfriend taking blame for my drugs -- can I get him out of trouble?

Q: I left illegal drugs in my boyfriend's car, and he got busted for it. Can I take responsibility and get him out of trouble? -- SamA: "This is a difficult question, and the fact is, at the end of the day, it's really up to the prosecutors office. If, in fact, you're responsible for an illegal substance that the driver of a car is being charged with, you can make a statement, provide a statement to the police and prosecutor, but at the end of the day, the prosecutor will have to decide whether or not that is something they're going to take into account, in terms of the criminal charges they file. So, not a simple answer, but the real answer is it's up to the prosecutor." -- Bremerton police Chief Steve Strachan