Family makes disturbing find in new sweater

TOUTLE -- A local family spent Christmas in the emergency room, after their son was stabbed by a used syringe left inside a brand new sweater.

According to The Daily News Online, the 16-year-old was wearing the sweatshirt and put his hand in the pocket, and pulled out his hand to find the needle stuck to his finger.

The family says they purchased the hoodie at the Walmart on 7th Ave., in Longview.

Another syringe was found in the pocket. Both appeared to be used, and one still had blood on the needle.

The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he underwent testing for HIV and hepatitis. According to the Centers for Disease Control, it's possible to contract a disease through a single needle prick, but it's extremely rare.

As of publication, the family was still waiting for the test results to come in. The boy's mother said the family plans to take legal action against Walmart. The store said it's investigating this incident.