Longview man badly burned after lighting cigarette near oxygen tank

From KPTV 

LONGVIEW -- A man was rushed to St. John Medical Center with serious burns Saturday night. He was found struggling on his porch as flames and smoke spread through his duplex.

Fire crews were called to the home on 11th Street at 11:33 p.m. Crews managed to contain the fire within 15 minutes, before it could spread to the adjacent unit.

Fire investigators believe the fire may have ignited when the resident attempted to light a cigarette while using medical oxygen.

The condition of the burn victim is unknown.

The occupant of the other unit was displaced for the night as a safety precaution.

The Red Cross was helping out with temporary lodging.