Man found guilty of 2012 murder; juror says no evidence of road rage

SEATTLE -- A jury found 32-year-old Dinh Bowman guilty of 1st degree murder on Thursday for the 2012 murder of Yancy Noll.

Noll was shot multiple times while sitting in his Subaru at the intersection of 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 75th Street.

Bowman claimed he shot Noll because he feared for his life during a road rage incident but the jurors did not buy that story.

One juror told Q13 FOX News after the verdict that many of the jurors believed Bowman embellished his story on the stand.

Even if it was road rage the juror said Bowman had other options than to shoot Noll four times.

Bowman said nothing and showed no emotion during the verdict but right behind him the victim’s girlfriend broke down in tears.

“She is devastated she is happy it's over,” prosecutor Kristin Richardson said.

Noll, a popular wine steward, was at a stop light when Bowman decided to target him for what prosecutors called "a thrill kill."

“This case is particularly frightening because Yancy Noll could have been any of us sitting at a stop light,” Richardson said.

On the stand last week, Bowman called the victim a monster and claimed Noll threw bottles at him in his car in a fit of road rage.

“I would describe it as violent hatred that I’ve only seen in the movies,” Bowman said.

But the juror said the evidence did not support Bowman's claims.

The prosecution said Noll had both hands on the steering wheel. They say it was Bowman who fantasized and read manuals on how to be a hitman before he pointed the gun at Noll.

Despite the verdict, the defense says it's not over.

“We are not totally surprised there are places we can go from here like the court of appeals,” attorney John Henry Browne said.

Noll's girlfriend chose to stay out of the courtroom for most of the trial. It was too painful for her according to the prosecution.

But she showed up for the verdict on Thursday -- hoping for justice.

Bowman had the option to go for a lesser charge which was second degree murder, but the prosecution said he went for "all or nothing" because he believed he would be acquitted.