Two people burned in RV fire at Seattle homeless camp

SEATTLE -- Two people were transported to the hospital with burns after the RV they were living in erupted in flames off of 15th Ave W in Interbay.

The RV is one of about thirty in one of Seattle's designated safe parking zones for homeless in the city.

Neighbors tell Q13 News the fire started when a gas can was left too close to a portable heater inside the RV.

"I heard them both screaming," said Crystal Livesey, who lives next door to the RV that burned. "They got out but their vehicle burned quick."

The two victims, believed to be in their twenties, suffered burns on their arms, legs, and back. They were taken by ambulance to Harborview.