Can a cop help me leave my wife?

zzcop doorQ: Can I get a cop to be in the house while I'm leaving my wife? -- Pat A: "Pat, that's a great question, and absolutely, you call your local police department and let them know when you're going to be at the house, and they'll be glad to set up a time and come by and keep the peace. And, we'd much rather you call ahead of time, then after the fact when a fight starts. So absolutely, we're glad to come by and keep the peace." -- Fircrest Police Chief John Cheesman