Seahawks dominate Eagles 24 - 14, still one game back in NFC West

PHILADELPHIA – The Seahawks defeated the Eagles 24 – 14 on the road Sunday. They remain just one game behind the Arizona Cardinals who lead the NFC West.

The Seahawks came out strong on their first drive that lasted nearly 7 minutes, but they couldn’t put any points on the board and were forced to punt.

Then the Hawks’ defense made a stand against the Eagles who went 3 & out in just 25 seconds.

On their second drive, the Hawks couldn’t get a first down and were forced to punt. Jon Ryan dropped the ball and gave the Eagles possession in the red zone. It came down to 4th & 1 at Seattle’s 5-yard line. Head coach Chip Kelly and the Eagles decided to go for it and converted with a 2-yard run. They scored a touchdown on a short pass from Mark Sanchez to wide receiver Jeremy Maclin.

The Hawks would tie things up on their next drive. A steady 82-yard drive capped off with Russell Wilson’s 26-yard sprint to the end zone. 7 – 7 early in the 2nd quarter.

Later in the 2nd, Wilson was called for intentional grounding on 3rd down. That meant not only 4th and long, but it also knocked Seattle out of field goal range.

Between that and a 1st quarter sack, the Hawks missed out on two field goal opportunities.

The Eagles would receive to start the second half, but running back LeSean McCoy fumbled the ball and the Hawks recovered. They started at Philadelphia’s 19-yard line. On the 2nd play, Wilson found a wide open Marshawn Lynch for a 15-yard touchdown. Hawks led 17 - 7.

But the Eagles responded on the next drive after a pass interference call against Bobby Wagner. Quarterback Mark Sanchez found tight end Zach Ertz for a 35-yard touchdown. That cut the Hawks lead to just three points.

The Seahawks responded on their next drive. A pass interference call against the Eagles moved the ball 44 yards down the field. Then Wilson took control and connected with Doug Baldwin for a 23-yard touchdown giving them a 24 – 14 lead.

After a very long 3rd quarter, the Hawks were able to move the ball and knock some time off the clock in the 4th quarter. They faced a 3rd & 15, which they converted twice already, but Lynch fumbled and the Eagles recovered with about 9 minutes to go.

But it was short-lived. Tharold Simon intercepted Mark Sanchez’ pass at the Eagles 30-yard line.

The Seahawks racked up some more yards and ran down the clock.