Enumclaw boy burned over 65% of body in gasoline explosion undergoes second surgery

SEATTLE (AP) — One of two boys injured in a gasoline explosion outside a home in Enumclaw had a second surgery Wednesday.

Susan Gregg, spokeswoman for Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, says 10-year-old Beau Ward is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit.

A fire official says two boys apparently were using gasoline at a campfire last Friday.

Gregg said late Wednesday that Ward was burned over 65 percent of his body, instead of the 80 percent figure a fire official gave at the time of the incident.

The second boy, who is 9, suffered burns to less than 10 percent of his body. He's out of the hospital and recovering at home.