Seattle Police arrest 2 teenagers for human trafficking, holding victim against her will

The Seattle Police Department (SPD) arrested two teenagers for human trafficking after they allegedly held a woman captive in the Mt. Baker neighborhood Thursday night.

According to SPD, around 9 p.m., the father of the 18-year-old victim called 911 saying that his daughter was being held against her will near the corner of S College St. and 29th Ave. S.

The father told police his daughter came to Seattle for MLB All-Star Week, but when she arrived, they began losing communication. The victim was told by a friend in her home state of Texas that she could get a lot of money by going to Seattle close to the All Star Games and could dance at the clubs there, according to court documents. 

Authorities say shortly before the father called 911, his daughter told him she couldn’t leave, shared her location, and abruptly disconnected.

The SPD says officers showed up to the address, found the victim and detained two men – a 19-year-old and a 17-year-old. 


WSP looking for missing 14-year-old girl out of Tukwila; family fears she was trafficked

The Washington State Patrol has issued a missing endangered person alert for 14-year-old Malaya Dorsey, last seen in Tukwila.

After interviewing the victim and searching the area, authorities say they recovered a firearm and hundreds of suspected fentanyl pills. Both suspects are legally prohibited from possessing firearms. 

According to the SPD, officers developed probable cause to arrest both suspects for promotion of prostitution, unlawful possession of a firearm and violation of the Uniformed Controlled Substance Act. 

The two are accused of transporting two young women to Aurora Avenue and nearby hotels to engage in "acts of prostitution." They then took the money the women earned, according to court documents. 

The 19-year-old was booked into the King County Jail. King County prosecutors argue that the suspect be held on a $200,000 bond. He was charged with two counts of second-degree promoting prostitution and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm.

He has been identified as Terrique Milam. 

Prosecutors say Milam is "likely to commit another violent act and to interfere with the administration of justice" if released on bond. He is currently facing charges for second-degree domestic violence assault and reckless endangerment. He was out on bail for those charges. 

According to court documents, in that domestic violence case, Milam allegedly pointed a handgun with an extended magazine at the mother of his child while she was holding the infant. He also allegedly pointed the gun at the baby's head.

The 17-year-old suspect was booked into the King County Child and Family Justice Center. He has been charged with first-degree promoting prostitution, second-degree kidnapping and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm.

According to court documents, the 17-year-old is accused of hitting the woman on the side of her head with her cellphone after he caught her messaging someone to share what she was going through. The teen allegedly said "next time, I'm going to use this," when pulling out a gun after the phone assault, according to court documents. 

Document say the 17-year-old would drive the victim to Aurora Avenue to perform sex acts, then take the money she earned.

On Wednesday, the 17-year-old appeared in King County juvenile court. His mom, sister and friends were in the courtroom hoping the 17-year-old would be released to home detention.

"We’ve definitely discussed the seriousness of this case and this situation. I do want him home. I do want him to have the electronic home monitoring," said the suspect’s mom.

The defense argued against releasing the suspect.

"We would object to EHM (electronic home monitoring) at this time. Respondent is a threat to the community. He was transporting victims to work and perform commercial sex acts and then forcing them to hand over their money. And this was happening day in and day out to a number of victims," said the prosecuting attorney.

Due to the serious nature of the charges, a judge ruled to keep the 17-year-old behind bars.

The pair will appear in court at a later date.